Saturday, August 22, 2009

Same Plant - Different Looks



These are two yellow crookneck squashes that were grown from the same plant. Can you believe it? The one on the left is decidely more orange and warty, while the one on the right is yellow (like it is supposed to be!) and much more smooth. Lance thought that it might have something to do with the lower temps we've been experiencing, but I'm not sure. They look so different from each other!



This is an entire box of cucumbers. We need to start giving some away. Clearly. I cannot eat cucumber sandwiches every single day like Lance. Last week I watched Lance eat half a cucumber in one sitting. Just in sandwiches! I told him that it can't be good for his digestive system, but I have no medical proof of this. Just my own "gut" instinct (I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.)

No comments: