Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Garden Update

Mid year garden update ...


One of my zucchini plants is still living and producing well. I've put zucchini into pasta salads and done a lot of baking. Unfortunately, the plant is in the process of dying. Go figure.





Our cucumber plant is doing exceptionally well! Lance and I have never had a successful plant! We've had tons of cucumber sandwiches, which are great snacks. Lance's brother, Andrew, his girlfriend had never had a cucumber before. Strange. Do you also see that yellow crookneck squash? I'm still struggling with what to do with him. They're a little odd. And the roma tomatoes? They're dying. This is about the most I'll get out of three plants. Stupid blight.



But my cherry tomatoes are doing really well. One of my favorite things to do is have them with cottage cheese as a mid-afternoon snack. So yum!







As always, our green beans are doing spectacularly. A little too much. We could have green beans for every meal and not eat all the ones we have in the freezer from years past. We just froze our first batch on Sunday. I need to find more recipies that call for green beans.







1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Hey, Kara. Yay for garden produce. I have a similar recipe for chocolate zucchini cake, which I plan to make this week.

Here's the yummy way Brian (!) taught me to cook grean beans: Mix with large amounts (he never measures, surprise) of olive oil, garlic and s+p. Saute over med-low heat until desired crunchiness.