Sunday, August 16, 2009

Iowa State Fair - Workplace Contests!

In honor of the wonderful, nationally-Martha Stewart acclaimed Iowa State Fair, my workplace is holding its own celebration. On Monday we are having a State Fair themed lunch:
pork tenderloins, corn on the cob, potato salad, cole slaw, watermelon, lemonade and a wide assortment of ice cream bars. (I was really hoping for a corn dog) Additionally, we are also holding the following contests:

A) Best two stick butter cow
B) Oddest shaped home grown garden item
C) Prettiest home grown flower
D) Ugliest cake

Being competitive, I want to enter all four contests. In reality, I'm only going to do one. I think I would have had a decent chance at winning two out of the four, but I have no idea of how I would manage a two stick butter cow and all of my flowers have died.

No comments: