Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hickory Park

I <3 Hickory Park. It's a fab restaurant in Ames that I got to know and love during my ISU days. I was talking with a friend at work last week and I had made the discovery that it had been over a year since I had their food. What a travesty! So I asked our friends, Annalise and Alex, that live in Ankeny and asked if they wanted to join us and of course they did (please note: it was at their wedding when I last had Hickory Park).

It was a little after 7 pm when we got seated. I had forgotten this is about the time that parents are moving their college students back in - man, was there a crowd! But we had a short wait for a table, thank goodness. I ate enough food to make my belly hurt - a pizza burger, mashed potatoes and an Oreo shake. DELICIOUS. In my quest for food, I forgot a picture. Cardinal sin. If you are ever in the Ames or central Iowa area, check this place out. Fast bbq & burgers and fantastic ice cream and mashed potatoes. I can't wait until our next trip!

On a different note, check out Iowa Girl Eats for a yummie give away.

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

I went there once when I was in college. Glad you had a double date with A+A!