Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fantasy: Free Time

Sometimes I like to think about what I would do if I had extra time not devoted to school and higher education. I would ...
  • work on my conversational spanish "donde esta el bano?"
  • get my piano tuned
  • finish my sewing projects including: placemat purses, tailoring my clothes & coin pouches
  • make taco seasoning mix
  • start/finish my study abroad bum, wedding, honeymoon and Hawaii scrapbooks

But mostly I think about where I would have a part-time job so I could get a killer discount.

Like ... this headband from JCrew. It's $39. No one would pay $39 for a headband. But if I worked there and got a discount, well that would be a whole other story.

Or ... how about this rug from Pottery Barn? No doubt it's fantastic, but $349 fantastic?

Lastly ... isn't this citron Le Creset Dutch Oven precious? But $230? No, I don't think so. But with a discount? Maybe!

The moral of the story is this: I have no time in my life for a part-time job. But maybe I have time for friends who work at these stores and could get me a discount??? :)

1 comment:

Rose said...

Thanks so much for the nice comment on my blog! :o) Just an FYI...I just finished our honeymoon scrapbook this summer-only 3 years late!