The weird thing about me and having a cold is my nose sweats. That's very bizarre.
Here are the things that I'm doing to self-medicate:
- Drinking orange juice, mulled cider, Gatorade and water. I pee every twenty-two minutes
- Downing cold medicine with pseudoephedrine - which means a trip to the pharmacist's counter to make sure I'm not making crystal meth in my oven
- Using Zicam very carefully as it's been pulled from the shelves (at least the nasal kind has been pulled)
- Rinsing my sinuses with my neti-pot
- Taking baths
- Using essential oils to open up my nasal passages
- Rubbing Vicks on my feet and putting socks on when I sleep (I don't get it, but I figure it can't hurt)
Apart from chicken soup, I think I'm doing everything right. Except you know, being productive.