Monday, August 30, 2010

Cucumber Sandwiches


It appears that only thing our garden can produce are cucumbers, snakes, and weeds. Which obviously thrills me to pieces (sarcasm). Regardless, we've had a bumper crop of cucumbers and will have lots of butternut squash when we harvest them in the fall. Presently I have more cucumbers than I know what to do with. Lance likes his cucumbers two ways: sliced and made into cucumber sandwiches. (Secret: I think that cucumber sandwiches are a little girly. They exude a tea party sort of "prim and proper" attitude. But let's not share my sentiments with Lance who already gets teased at work when he takes big salads for lunch.) Anyway, cucumber sandwiches. They are quite tasty with the correct seasonings. My coworker, Jean, makes her cucumber sandwiches like this and Lance and I love them.
1 pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 pkg of Good Seasons Dry Italian Dressing Mix
Rye cocktail bread
Sliced cucumbers
Dried dill
Mix the cream cheese and the Italian dressing mix together. Spread on rye cocktail bread, top with a sliced cucumber and sprinkle dried dill on top. Enjoy!

No comments: