Monday, January 4, 2010

Mark Hausler

Mark Hausler lost his battle to cancer on Jan. 2. I didn't know Mark well, but he was a member of our church. He left behind his four sons and his wife. My heart breaks for the family, but rejoices for Mark because I know he's much happier living cancer free in heaven. A couple of things - Mark was a blessing and cancer made his faith in God only stronger. If you smoke, try and give it up. Mark's cancer started as lung cancer - and he didn't smoke.
I was making soup tonight with tears as I listened to these lyrics by Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home" song:

"Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face"

"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."

This is Mark Hausler's Testimonial about his battle with cancer. Read his testimonial on his caring bridge website.

No comments: