Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Things in my life

Christmas is finally over. It's a relief to know that we'll be home bound for the next couple of weekends. That gives me plenty of time to procrastinate working on my thesis project. :)

There hasn't been tons of cooking in my life recently. We've been out of town, Lance made supper on Monday (his "famous" Italian dressing marinade chicken and a Lipton package of rice) and last night we ate at Ban Thai and went to The Lion King. Lance and I had seen the production in 2005 in London, but wanted to relive the magic. I'm glad we went, it was better than I remembered it!

But in lieu of a food post, I thought I'd post a couple of things I'm currently digging in my life right now.

Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Matte. Because I'm shiny by lunchtime. And my face seems to get fewer pimples when I'm using Bare Minerals products than for example a traditional Clinique foundation. One of the reasons I'm loyal to Sephora is because they allow me to return opened makeup. Genius and convenient for a girl like me who is never sure until she gets it home and decides "NO!" If anyone wants to know, my shade is medium beige :)


I also am really appreciative of my wireless mouse I got at Target. No, I didn't need it, but darn it, it makes using my laptop so much quicker!



I've been hairspray shopping for awhile. I went in for a trim the other day (BTW: I love my hairdresser - Kristy- Talking Heads Salon; if you make an appointment, tell them I sent you and they'll give you 50% off your first cut and color!) and picked up Aveda Brilliant Medium Hold hairspray. It's the perfect amount of hold and of course it smells fantastic - and it has a gloss in it that makes my hair super shiny. I had previously purchased "Air Spray" by Aveda because it smells absolutely glorious, but really, it did nothing for my hair as far as hold. So it was basically like spraying my hair with perfume ...



And lastly my new Scentsy warmer. My mom had got it as a gift, she didn't want and thought it had been regifted in the first place and gave it to me. It's a little pink ... but I'll take it! I love free.


And those are a few random things in my life right now. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You were a born blogger-I love it :)