Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Green Monster Smoothie


I regularly take these to work with me in the morning as my breakfast. I think they are yummy, filling and a great on-the-go breakfast for a girl who fails to leave enough time in her morning schedule to sit down to eat. And while the ingredients might be a little bizarre, Lance will drink these as well as the two coworkers I've convinced to try them.

Ingredients(in layering order)

1/4 c slow oats
1/3 c skim milk
1 banana cut up in chunks
1 large T of almond butter or peanut butter
1 handful of fresh spinach
1 large glop of yogurt
3 ice cubes

I assemble everything the night before in my smoothie cup (minus the ice cubes), blend everything, and then add the ice cubes and blend again. You can't taste the spinach and the Green Monster keeps my hunger at bay until lunchtime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day im fresh here, I came upon this message board I have found It amply accommodating & it has helped me out so much. I hope to give something back and aid other people like it has helped me.

Thanks, See You Later

Anonymous said...

Howdy i am fresh to this. I hit upon this forum I find It truly accommodating and its helped me out alot. I hope to give something back & help other users like it has helped me.

Thanks a load, See Ya Later.