Tuesday, July 2, 2013

30 Things I’m Thankful for in June



30 Things I’m Thankful for in June

  1. Lucan’s second birthday!
  2. Being blessed by family who loves to come together and celebrate our little ones.
  3. Our annual summer trip to the Boone’s Lake house in Okoboji. It affords us the opportunity to spend quality, one-on-one time with good friends
  4. Girls Night Out!!
  5. And with #3 comes a ringing endorsement for AWESOME pizza from Gusto Pizza in Des Moines. Try the Soprano pizza – either with chicken or the roasted eggplant. Both are delicious!!
  6. Vacation Bible School. I’ve served in several different capacities at VBS every year and I love the enthusiasm from the kids and parents that comes with VBS. 
  7. My parents who spent entire weekends at our house helping us get miscellaneous house projects done that just never quite get done.
  8. Generous friends who let us borrow their truck to pick up too big of sandboxes that I mistakenly thought would fit in the Traverse.
  9. Facebook swap sites! It seems like selling stuff on FB leads to less flaky people that I encounter on Craigslist
  10. Baby Lincoln getting to go home for a few days before his next round of chemo after months at the hospital.
  11. The chance to serve our Sunday School class by teaching and then doing “arts and crafts” encouragement notes.
  12. Downtown Des Moines Farmers Market!
  13. Valley Junction Farmers Market!
  14. Vegetarian potato cutlets from Saloo’s Indian stand at both markets (yes, I go for the food)
  15. Butterscotch peanut butter samples at the Farmers Market (which I’m too cheap to shell out $8 for a container, so I’ll have to continue to survive on samples)
  16. Fathers and Fathers Day
  17. The birth of another friend’s baby – baby Charlotte!
  18. Gala apples and peanut butter.
  19. The first produce from our garden – arugula on sandwiches.
  20. Lucan had the opportunity with daycare to go to the zoo and the Science Center (I’m a little jealous)
  21. Paying $5.55 for two large pizzas and two orders of breadsticks from Pizza Hut (they screwed up our order – twice)
  22. The inherent wisdom of Tim Keller’s The Reason for God and my own very apparent lack of wisdom.  
  23. Discovering that I can wash all of our Britax car seat covers simply by throwing them in the washing machine (how did I not know this before!?)
  24. Catching up with one of my favorite college friends at work via “work” emails
  25. Zumba classes and looking ridiculous dancing about and sweating profusely.
  26. Lucan started peeing in his frog potty. And when I say “started” I mean he did it once and I’m pretty sure it was a one-time fluke. But now he takes off his diaper every time he thinks he might have inkling to go.
  27.  Honest brand diapers are adorable with their funky prints and designs. And they are expensive. We’ll be sticking to generic.
  28. Sloppy, full on the mouth Lucan kisses. They’ll melt your heart and make you wipe your face when it’s all over.
  29. Des Moines Arts Festival and free Chobani samples. Yep, the free yogurt was the only thing we could afford at the Arts Festival.
  30. Lucan “nests.” He likes to take every single blanket he can find (somewhere around seven or so), all his stuffed animals, a pillow or two, two sippy cups, a snack, a phone (or two) and several large toys and put them all in the big recliner and then snuggle right in. My child is a hoarder.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Oh my...Michael soo does that nesting thing too. He had a huge pile in his room that I kept ignoring until I finally cleaned it up yesterday and it was like an onion with layers and layers of animals and toys and blankets. I think that is just the way kids are??

That is a lot of be thankful for! Sounds like a great month! (love the pic of lucan)