The title means that Lucan is 7 months old and we continue to observe his progress as he gets older. Not that Lucan is 7 months old and is COUNTING. I love my child and basically thinks he poops candy bars (Glee reference anyone?), but he's not so advanced that he's counting.
- Lucan weighs 20 lbs. I'm glad that we have a Chicco KeyFit 30 carseat, otherwise with some of the other ones we'd already be buying a new one. With his BundleMe insert on the carseat, it is a snugfit.
- Still in size 3 diapers. They go up to 28 lbs, so Lucan better be in them for awhile now.
- Still nursing. After the tumultuous beginning, I'm still amazed every single day.
- We are eating quite a variety of foods now. Butternut squash, avocados, applesauce, carrots, rice cereal with prune juice, rice cereal with pear juice, and sweet potatoes. Last night we started peas and Lucan chowed down on those too. Basically, Lucan hasn't met a food he doesn't like. According to others, this is not uncommon with babies. It's when they move to finger foods, that likes and dislikes become more prevalent. Super. So excited for that day to come.
- However with the onslaught of a more varied diet, comes the inevitable. Poop problems. Oh how my child grunts and cries and makes the most sad face when he tries to poop. It will break your heart. I did manage to snap a blurry picture of Lucan making his poop face one day. But Lance says that I'm not allowed to post it as someday Lucan will be mortified by his mother's antics. I had a friend tell me that I should try administering acidophilus to Lucan. Does anyone have any experience with that?
- We survived the holidays with travel and the Christmas tree. Lucan really liked hanging out and rolling under the Christmas tree. Fire wasn't impressed as Fire has deemed the tree his special place. Lucan also like pulling on the lights and branches of the tree. We have a fake tree, so when we were disassembling the tree it was interesting to observe how all the bottom branches was misshaped.
- Lucan made out like a bandit with Christmas gifts - lots of toys and TONS of clothes. More clothes than Lance and I received combined. For this very reason, Lance and I didn't get Lucan a single gift. I don't think he cares.
- We also survived Lucan's first Santa encounter. It actually went pretty well, Lucan only looked like he wanted to cry at the beginning. I'm not sure how we will approach Santa in the coming years, we are leaning more towards telling L that Santa isn't real early on. Because if we lie about Santa, who isn't to say that we are lying about Jesus?
- After I made an appointment with my hair stylist for Lucan to have his first haircut, Lance threw a mini-fit and said that he wasn't ready. We then proceeded to have countless number of people tell Lucan he needed a haircut. So I had my friend Katie do a mini-trim around Lucan's ears. His hair is much improved, but still needs an allover cut.
- One of Lucan's biggest developments this last month has been how mobile he's become. While he is not crawling, he is rolling. Nothing is off limits or out of reach. We need to start baby-proofing soon. I've already had to move one plant as I continually would fear that he would knock the 10 lb plant and ceramic pot on his head.
- It's fun to watch Lucan roll onto his belly and then "dry-swim" meaning he'll lay on his tummy and attempt to move by swimming on the floor.
- His second biggest development is laughter. Lance is still the one person who can be counted on to make Lucan consistently laugh. Laughter can be elicited by throwing Lucan in the air and by tickling. Lucan seems to have inherited all of our ticklish spots - tummy and neck. Oh it's so fun to make Lucan laugh!
- Lucan also seems to be taking more of an active interest in Fire. Fire, not so much an interest in Lucan. Lucan thinks that Fire is hilarious. He'll laugh when Fie walks by him and has the best time when Fire is playing with one of his toys. Lucan also wants to pet Fire, but Fire isn't really all that interested in being petted by Lucan :)
- Third development: a tooth! I see him, wiggling on through, center bottom! So far teething has been fine, but I'm not holding my breath.
- Fourth development: no more 10 pm feeding. Thank the Lord. It's done. Our routine is solid food at 5:30 pm, nursing somewhere between 7:15 and 7:30, and then down for the count for the night. Yippie! Just a slight problem with Lucan waking up at 4:45 AM every morning and chattering to himself for a half an hour. SO.NOT.COOL.
- Lance and I fight on the weekends as to who gets to go and get Lucan out of his crib after naptime. Lucan is SO smiley and thankful for someone to be rescuing him from his nap. It's really precious. Unless it's the morning and I have determined that Lucan's nap hasn't been long enough because MY nap hasn't been long enough.
All smiles :)
Favorite Christmas toy - the talking/singing puppy dog.
Lucan trying to maul Christmas puppy by pulling off his face. Lucan often times tries to do this to me too. Super fun.