Friday, May 14, 2010

DONE!!

Yesterday in the mail I received my signed thesis signature page - I am officially done with one of the hardest academic endeavors I have undertaken! It is such a relief to know that I am done with my thesis. I can't say that I'm done with school yet, I have a one month class that I will go out to Spokane for in June and then by my 5th wedding anniversary I should say that I am done FOREVER with being a student. I've had a couple of people ask me if I have any intentions of doing a doctoral program - no. Absolutely not. I would have to get a doctorate in something communications related and really, I feel the only thing that an individual with a doctorate in communications can do is teach or research and write papers. Neither endeavor excites me. I'd rather cook, read fiction, or shop. None of those require a doctorate.

So ... you shall be seeing more of me back at aboundingabundance.blogspot.com! Less eating out, more home cooking! And photography - my new camera appears to be smarter than I am :(

2 comments:

Rose said...

Congrats! :o) Such a big accomplishment!

Sarah B said...

Congratulations, Kara! Now it's time for a BABY! :) jk. I get so sick of people asking me about that topic....