I acknowledge the fact that I read less and am less productive as a result of having Direct TV. Sad, but true. I love HGTV and DIY and have been caught watching reality TV on Bravo too. Those channels are sure to have something entertaining. But there are a few favorite movies that I cannot pass by if they are on. And the pathetic thing is I own most of these movies already, so there's no reason for me to watch them on TV when I can shave off 20 minutes by watching them on DVD. Anyway, this is my list of movies that always suck me in:
- Pride and Prejudice - Kiera Knightly version (I love the music and the scenery. I especially love the tender awkwardness of how Mr. Darcy shows Elizabeth how he loves her)
- Sleepless in Seattle - The part where Tom Hanks describes his sweet, dead wife makes me tear up every time.
- You've Got Mail - Meg Ryan is utterly adorable in this movie
- Bridget Jones - Goodness, Renee Zwellenger is such a hilarious mess. And who doesn't love Collin Firth?
- Shrek 2 - my favorite of the Shrek movies. I can't help but find Puss n' Boots comical.
- The Devil Wears Prada - I like watching Anne Hathaway's transformation. And she has some killer clothes.
So I think to summarize ... I like chick flicks. Interesting and totally predictable. How about you? What's on your list of movies you can pass up?