Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Citrus Lane Review: September Box

Citrus Lane is a monthly subscription service that features kid and mom products. I LOVE all of these monthly subscription fads going on in the world. I love getting mail and each month is a new surprise of what's inside! Even though this box is for Lucan, it's just as fun for me too (partly because I love mail)


Cost: $25 per month or $21 with a six month subscription


Coupon: Get $10 off your first box and it credits my account $10 too! (Thanks in advance if you use my referral link!)


Products: The best kid products (toys, snacks, books, etc) on the market, specially tailored to your child's age.





In our September box, we received some fun stuff - fun for Lu, fun for Mom!

Episencial Playful Wash Shampoo & Body Cleanser – 100 mL Value $4
Charlie Harper ABCs Book – Value $10
Happy Family Super Toddler Bar – Value $1.50
City Planner Blocks – Value $10
Julep Nail Color in Gabrielle – Value $14


Lucan continues to love to make "towas" (towers) with his blocks and then immediately knock them down. The city blocks require a steady hand and are a little trickier for him (but they've provided me plenty of entertainment. I like making patterns and designs with all the colors and shapes).

The snack bar he was a little more iffy on. Lu liked picking out the blueberries the best. But if your child had a gluten intolerance, this is a great snack option. I like how Citrus Lane included something for those allergy kids. And they also included coupons for more Happy Baby products.



Lucan also loves singing his "ABCs." Granted, the only letters he's solid on are A-B-C and W-X-Y, but he enjoys singing the song and reading his ABC books. This book is really beautifully illustrated and lovely. Definitely a win.



The body wash smells really good. A nice light citrus smell. Lucan loves squeezing the bottle empty of it's contents. That being said, there is a gladewear container in the kitchen that now contains half a bottle of citrus body wash :)

And the nail polish. It's beautiful and surprisingly long wearing. I put it on without a top coat and it's stayed for the last three days. It's a great greige-purple color and the perfect nail polish to take me into the fall.

Okay and the silly thing I liked was that the illustrator of the book also illustrated the box flaps. I cut out the flaps so I could color them later. I suppose the idea is for your child to be able to color them, but I'm reserving them for myself. Because I'm selfish. 

Citrus Lane is a really fun subscription service perfect for newborns to five year-olds! I can't imagine what child wouldn't enjoy getting a monthly box full of stuff suited to them :) You can give gift subscriptions too, so it's a great baby shower, Christmas or birthday gift too.

*I can't figure out why the last three photos are all facing the wrong way. Sorry*

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Looks fun--I'll keep it in mind.