Saturday, June 30, 2012

Kara, the decorating grinch.

I read quite a few blogs who writers decorate their mantles/tables/sideboards/buffets for the appropriate season or holiday. Their homes look perfectly lovely. But secretly, in the back of my mind, whenever I see one of those decorated mantles, I wonder what real person actually has the time and energy to devote to something so frivolous. (Not to say that I'm above frivolity and am totally staid and serious. I'm happen to ADORE the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books and have found myself re-reading them. Teenage chick lit is the best.) But sometimes I wonder, shouldn't that person be doing something more productive with their time?

I am entirely a grinch when it comes to seasonal decorating. I don't even really enjoy putting up all my Christmas decorations and all that who-ha (gasp - I know, I'm a terrible person). But simple mantles with just a few accessories are simple, seasonless, and classic.






Really these decorated mantles are the only mantles, a crabby decorating grinch like me, can put up with. The idea of having to constantly redo and freshen my decor makes me weary. Because it also means that I would have to dust :) But if you want to come over and dust and freshen up my decor for muy caro, let me know! 

No comments: