Friday, March 9, 2012

29 - The Year of Glory


Hi friends!


I don't do many recaps, but here's a quick one for those who were inquiring about my birthday.


Being an only child, I believe that I'm not limited to a birthday but more of a birthday-month :) I had several little birthday celebrations starting with the day off on Tuesday, lunch with Nicole at La Mie, dinner out with Lance at Flying Mango, more eating out with our respective familys this last weekend and lots of facebook messages, texts and birthday cards. It's lovely to feel loved on your birthday :)


And for those of you who were wondering, Lance did a good when it came to responding to my birthday letter. I did get a breakfast sandwich and we did got out to dinner. Lance went a different avenue and got us tickets to see Idina Menzel perform here in June. I'm definitely more excited to see her than Lance is. But then again, it's not a surprise. He's not the one singing showtunes at the top of his lungs in the car with the windows rolled down. Apparently none of the cool kids are do this :) I'm so totally going to embarass Lucan when he's older.


Speaking of Lucan, the best birthday present I got was a homemade card from Lucan that was in my lunchbox. We have a tradition of homemade cards in our family. Lance made one from him, but I wasn't expecting one from my sweet lil' babe!






Isn't that precious?


Year 29 is going to be a big year as once I reach the age of 30, I have to have my life figured out. I need to make a will, get additional life insurance, figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and basically be responsible. I suppose this will also mean less frivolity.


Hmm... being a grown-up doesn't sound like much fun. It's a good thing that Lance and I are saving for a big vacation as a reward for becoming adults. We've been saving for this vacation for the past 3.5 years. We've toyed with the idea of going back to Hawaii, going on a cruise, or doing a wine tasting tour of California. Basically, we want a vacation that involves food and relaxation. Minus Lucan. Yep, that's our idea of a good time!

No comments: