Sunday, July 18, 2010

Homemade Jamba Juice

One of our favorite things to do on vacation is to get Jamba Juice. It might sound silly and somewhat bandwagon, but we really enjoy these juice/smoothies! I wish they had one in Des Moines, although it's probably better for my wallet that there isn't one.

These smoothies are a great way to get rid of extra/soon-to-be-spoiling fruit all in one swoop. In this smoothie there is a banana, a kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, and a couple of raspberries (Yes, I have all that fruit at my house at one time. Yes, all of the fruit is fresh too). In addition to the fruit I add a half scoop of chia seeds (for omega 3 fatty acids), some Simply Orange Mango Juice, 3 ice cubes, and a secret ingredient: blood orange and pomegranate sorbet. I think the secret ingredient makes the smoothie more Jamba Juice like.



Blend, blend, blend and voila - a Jamba Juice smoothie! It's a great way to get all my fruit servings completed by 10 am.

No comments: