I've been plagued by a bad cold this week. So instead of whipping up fab culinary works of art ... I made chicken noodle soup and ate soup leftovers the ENTIRE week. And did the bare minimum. Which means that my house is a natural disaster. For example ... this is the view from my kitchen table. It appears that my husband abandoning clean up mid-cycle.
Let's play a little "I Spy."
- Can you see the bottle of cough medicine that I've taken a teaspoon before I go to bed so I can sleep? (Yes, I realize the shaky morals of taking cough medicine so I can sleep)
- How about the empty glass canning jars? (I must give those back to my MIL)
- The cooling containers of homemade chicken broth? (More on that another day)
- The 30 year old crockpot Lance refuses to give up in order for me to upgrade to something a little less ... harvest gold.
- Water glasses that somehow never seem to find their way into the dishwasher
- Or can you see that my husband has a very bad habit of leaving absolutely EVERY kitchen cabinet open after he gets something out?
Good golly Miss Molly, I must leave my post here to clean up the mess I call my home!