Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Gracelyn - 5 month update



Month 5

Little one, we love you. Gracie, you got your first cold and it made everyone pretty sad. You coughed directly in my mouth and gave me your cold. I, in turn, shared it with your dad. My cold, compounded with the sleep deprivation and running on fumes most days, progressed into a sinus infection and landed me on antibiotics and at home sick napping a total of six hours that day. I know that colds are a fact of life for wee ones, but we don’t like them. 

Sleeping. Your brother ruined us for sleep. Really, he did. About half the time you get up once a night. We take turns getting up and feeding you. I know this is pretty normal behavior, but we just weren’t expecting this. I thought that you might be going through a growth spurt and were just extra hungry, but I’m just not sure. The weekends you nap really well, so we appreciate that.  

Eating. During two weeks of you consistently getting up once a night, we decided to send three, three ounce bottles to daycare instead of two. Daycare feedings are as follows: 9:30, 1:30 and 3:30.

Wearing. 0-3 month clothing and a couple of 3-6 month outfits. Your first Easter dress was 3-6 months and fit perfectly. You still wear size 1 diapers and I hope that continues for a little while longer because I accidently forgot to cancel the amazon subscription for size 1’s.

Milestones. Social: you like to watch everything going on. You are happy to sit in your bouncy seat or your bumbo and watch what’s going on. 

Physical: you discovered your hands this month. They are so fascinating! You are drooling a ton. I’m not ready for teeth; Lu didn’t start until seven months. Yep, teething this early is not an option. You are getting closer to rolling over, but that pesky shoulder keeps getting in the way. At your four month appointment (which was really more like 4 months and 3 weeks) you weighed 12 pounds, 10 ounces which is in the 9th percentile for weight. You are 23.5 inches long and that’s in the 5th percentile for length. Your head circumference is 41.25 cm and the 52nd percentile for head circumference. Sister, you are petite.  

Language: laughter! Lucan and I were on the deck one night blowing and chasing bubbles with you overlooking the silliness. All of the sudden you shared some chuckles and laughed delightedly at your brother’s antics. Everyone’s day was a little brighter because of it! 




No comments: