- A delightful lunch out with my parents. Kid free lunches are few and rare.
- Target dates.
- Maternity leave. I’m dreading March 2 when I have to go back to work.
- Friends who have come to visit during the day.
- Family time.
- A weekend in Okoboji with good friends.
- The first massage in over a year.
- The return of Downtown Abbey and The Bachelor!! #princefarming
- Little voices who say “mommy, I just love you.”
- Mommy play dates.
- Grandmas and Grandpas.
- Church potlucks.
- A clean bill of health from my doctor.
- Other than a few sniffles, no major illnesses.
- Snow (Lance is NOT thankful for snow)
- Normal days and weeks.
- A baby who sleeps.
- Visiting a dear high school friend and seeing her beautiful house for the first time.
- SheReadsTruth.com for doing daily devotionals.
- Sweatshirts that feel like hugs
- A sweet big brother who loves his little sister
- Amazon Prime
- DELICIOUS appetizer night at small group where we all loaded up on yummy munchies
- Being able to be a part of a Bible study while I’m on maternity leave
- Coffee. I broke down and bought a used Keurig off of a FB swap site and am so thankful for it! (I’m thankful enough to want to list it twice!)
- Having an understanding husband who didn’t murder me when I had a “small” car accident involving the Traverse and our garage door.
- Getting to attend a baby shower for a sweet friend who is expecting twin boys any day now!
- A kind sister-in-law and parents in-law who took care of Lu for a weekend
- For being brave enough to take Lu and Grace out to eat on our own. It went quite well, surprisingly enough
- 13 weeks of maternity leave!!
And January in pictures:
|It's so cold outside mommy!|
|Sister needs a helper. Okay ...|
|Jessie mistook me for a 65 year-old man at Fareway :(|
|Polka dots :)|
|Favorite Christmas ornament - photo by Katie Evans Photography. Ornament by Shutterfly.|
|Peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. How many things can YOU cram into the title of a cookie?|
|So tired! But if you try and lay me down for a nap I will instantly awaken.|
|Snug as a bug in a rug.|
|Hi Mom! I found your secret stash of chips!|
|After a middle of the night feeding I found Lance encroaching on my side of the bed.|
|Quick nap in momma's arms.|
|Looking lovely by way of the ladies of small group.|
|Car nap after playing hard at Lance's parents' farm. After he awoke he was a hot mess that included slobber and shrieking for 45 minutes in the car.|
|Big brown eyes.|
|Enthralled by Wild Kratts and his new marker book from Wendy.|
|This cat somehow knew I had just washed the duvet cover. Thanks Fire. Glad you found a warm soft place to nap.|
|Lots and lots of art. Woe to the mother whose son finds his projects in the recycling basket.|
|Foaming at the mouth.|
|Little sister doesn't know how lucky she is. She has big brother's favorite green blankie and beloved "Pete the Penguin."|
|Saturday morning, way too early. Scrambled eggs and play dough.|
|He only eats out of green bowls. It's irritating.|
|Dad left us to go to an ISU basketball game. We were reduced to selfies for entertainment.|
|Cherry Berry as a family reward for good behavior = sugar high = sugar crash.|
|He dropped two gummy worms on the floor and ate them before I could stop him. However I was able to stop him from eating the m&ms that he found in the corner of the couch.|
|This is my thinking face, mommy.|
|Take a picture! Take a picture!|
|10 inches of snow. Church was canceled. Lance deemed this the type of snow that gives men in the sixties heart attacks.|
|Mushroom spinach focaccia bread pizza for the Superbowl. Def the food of football players.|
|I bought Lu bath crayons and bath paints for Christmas. Did you know if you remove the "t" from "paint" it spells "pain"? There's a reason for that.|
|One afternoon I got an itch to organize Gracelyn's closet. It was a stupid idea.|