Monday, April 29, 2013

Party Hosting: could you do this for me?

Have you ever come to the realization the week before hosting a party that you have a TON to do? Yep, I'm right there. Somehow I managed to snag a free catered party from Qdoba, which is great because I don't have to cook, but now I need to clean. And finish the 100 lingering house projects. Shoot. So dear readers, if everyone could stop on by and do one of these tasks for me, I'd be forever grateful.

1. Finish recovering my couch pillows.
2. Clean my bathroom. And the rest of the house.
3. Sew a new valance for the kitchen.
4. Paint my bathroom.
5. Install the new light fixture in the bathroom.
6. Spot clean the bedroom carpets, specifically the spot in our bedroom where Lucan squeezed out a tube of foundation. (I love my child. I love my child. I love my child.)
7. Find hiding spots for all of Lucan's crap.
8. Create and hang a gallery wall in the kitchen.
9. Order pictures for #8.
10. Hose off the deck
11. Plant flowers in the deck hangers.
12. Mop hardwoods. Again. Then make Lucan eat outside for the rest of the week.
13. Clean out the garage.
14. Hound people who haven't RSVPd yet. C'mon people. I know our generation has no concept of what RSVP means, but let's try here :)
15. Come up with Mexican Cinco de Mayo decorations. Or decide to throw in the towel and call it "good enough."

Like I said, feel free to stop on by, complete one of these tasks and cross it off my to-do list.

Good gracious. This little Mexican man combines everything that is wrong about Cinco de Mayo and stereotypes. 



1 comment:

*carrie* said...

That's so fun you were chosen, Kara! I applied but was not selected. Hope you have a great time. (After you complete some of your list, that is.)