Tuesday, April 30, 2013

30 Things I'm Grateful for in April



30 Things I’m Grateful for in April

  1. Fun new gold shoes. Because Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change a girl’s life.
  2. Mommy time – cooking club and night out at Jasper Winery with Des Moines Moms Group.
  3. A great time of food and fellowship with our small group.
  4. A husband who enjoys working on our budget and making sure we meet our money goals every month.
  5. A weekend trip away!
  6. Our health. Stomach flu made its rounds through everyone in April. However, nothing is as bad as having a wee one in the hospital with a very rare disease. Please pray for baby Lincoln.
  7. It’s time for garage sales. I love a good bargain.
  8. Speaking of bargains, ½ price consignment sales on Sunday.
  9. New babies being born to several friends.
  10. Great movies from the library – Life of Pi, Zero Dark Thirty, Les Miserables, Argo.
  11. Lance turned 31!
  12. 2 weeks of solid daycare attendance. It’s such a relief to not worry about daycare during the day so I can focus on doing my job.
  13. Lunchtime. I get a solid 60 minutes of interrupted time to myself where I can go anywhere or do anything. Do you know how infrequent that was when I stayed at home with Lu? Infrequent – almost non-existent!
  14. I get to start dreaming about and planting my garden. And then fantasizing about warm, garden fresh tomatoes.
  15. Being really excited about blessing others with our 10% tithe off our tax return.
  16. The absence of warm winter coats.
  17. Sugar rush at Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt and Lucan being delighted in his frozen treat.
  18. Awesome leftovers for lunch.
  19. Reconnecting with old friends.
  20. New tires. It’s hard to feel grateful about something that is so darned expensive, but necessary. That being said, I’m grateful the protection that good tires provide me.
  21. Owning that I’m high-maintenance. I like my dish cloths to be dried a certain way, I like my hand towels to be folded into equal thirds and I want my child to come home with clean socks. I’m never going to be low-maintenance, so I might as well own it.
  22. The ability to blog at DesMoinesParent.com It’s been a fun adventure.
  23. Warm weather means more promotional work for me and the opportunity to earn a few extra dollars.
  24. Finding the onions growing in our garden that we forgot to pick last fall. :)
  25. My dad cleaning out our disaster of a garage while we were gone. Much loved and appreciated.
  26. Being sent paper towels to sample and get paid to sample. Like I said, it’s the small things!
  27. Spring temperatures. AMEN!
  28. A husband who will skewer, grill and glaze shrimp on the grill even though he detests shrimp.
  29. The fun of having a toddler and his arms wrapped around his your neck in a toddler hug.
  30. Sinner saved by grace.

No comments: