Lance and I both had insurance exams to cram for and pass last week, so I'm a little behind on things. Lance is also taking classes again and hogging the computer so I have limited access. (Just kidding Lance, I fully support your pursuit of higher education!)
My little man is getting so big and I love this stage of his life.
- Lucan weighs a little over 14.5 lbs approximately.
- He is getting so much hair! All of the hair he does have stands straight up! It is growing in thicker in the front too. I love his hair, it makes him so cute!
- He's wearing 1-2 sized diapers. We're at the end of that size, I'm sure we'll be moving into size 2 diapers shortly.
- He is fully into 3-6 month clothing. I can't believe how much sizes vary from brand to brand - Gerber 0-9 month onesies look like spandex on him. Lance jokes that they cut off Lucan's circulation. Lucan is long too, some of his footie pjs are already too short.
- He is still sleeping through the night (I recognize we are very blessed). We did move him up to the large Swaddleme sized blanket.
- We're still breastfeeding and have made strides over the last month. Persistence pays.
- My favorite time with Lucan is when I've finished burping him and he just sort of snuggles on my shoulder. Lucan gets lots of kisses during this time.
- Lucan is getting so strong and has so much more neck and head control.
- He loves kicking. I'd list it as one of his favorite things. At Miss Cindy's house she has this toy where Lucan lays on his back and when he kicks the base, the toys on top make musical noises and flutter. This has translated into him madly kicking in his bouncy seat. He has to get strapped in otherwise he'll basically slide himself half-way out of it.
- Lucan is really enjoying bath time right now too. I think him kicking in the water is very entertaining and he likes to see the splashes and his daddy's worried face when water is going everywhere. I just happen to think it's really precious. I also think that Lance is worried about Lucan wanting to play soccer someday!
- Lucan is fairly consistent about pooping. Lance recently got pooped on and Lucan has produced some major blowouts - one which desecrated his car seat. Unfortunately Lance was by himself for that blowout and I think it made him a tiny bit spazzy :)
- We are still doing 6 feedings a day - 6 am - 9 am - noon - 3 pm - 6 pm - and 10:15 pm. Lucan averages about 4.5-4.75 ounces per feeding.
- Lucan has made a couple of roadtrips - one to Sioux City, another to Sioux Center, one to Omaha and this weekend we'll make the longest trip yet to Minneapolis. Needless to say, I'm worried about this weekend as it will also be the first time we've stayed with Lucan in a hotel. But he's done really well with the past car trips, so let's pray he keeps it up!
- He has really found his voice and there have been a couple of occasions that we've found him laying in bed chattering to himself. Looks like this guy is going to be a talker!
- Lance and Lucan watched a Baby Einstein video for the first time on Sunday. It was the baby's first sounds video - I think that Lance learned more than Lucan (he learned how to say hello in multiple languages) and was more entertained than Lucan. Lance gave me a play by play recall about one of the puppets Lance found very funny.
- We gave Lucan his first lovey - Jerry the Giraffe. Except Lance keeps getting it wrong and calling Jerry, Gerome. Sigh... it's probably a miracle Lance gets Lucan's name right :) Lucan does love Jerry and will hold on to him tightly with his little clutched fist.
- Lucan does this funny thing of raising his right fist into the air and just holding it there.
- We've started using his ErgoBaby carrier and Lucan seems to like being toted around in it. I'm planning on using it some this weekend when we are shopping at the Mall of America, so I suppose that's the true test.
"Hi. I'm Lucan."
"Mom, I've fallen over! Save me!"
"If I stick out my bottom lip and be cute will you stop taking my picture?"
"NO MORE PICTURES!"
(that seriously was the last one I took. I tried to catch him smiling on three separate occasions. Obviously it didn't work out so well)