Friday, February 4, 2011

Weekend!

Some people might call me lame because I'm excited about being home this weekend with only one scheduled event. In fact, there's a part of me that wished I didn't even have the one event (tickets to the ISU game) and that the whole weekend was unplanned. (I suppose this makes me a little bit of an disloyal ISU fan. We have tickets to the ISU vs K-State Men's basketball game. I know that ISU is going to get stomped, so it doesn't make me very apt to be enthusiastic about watching the slaughter in person.) I'm even boycotting the Superbowl in lieu of not wanting to give up any more of my time to "wasteful" time drains (yes, I think the Superbowl is a waste of time). After traveling half of the weekends in January, nothing excites me more than the prospect of getting caught up on laundry, organizing and cleaning.

Here's my idea of a fun weekend:
  • Scrubbing the bathtub

  • Cleaning out 4 junk drawers (count 'em people, that's disgraceful!)

  • Organizing my maternity clothes

  • Intentional blogging

  • Nursery furniture research

  • Decreasing my mending/hemming pile

Doesn't that sound like fun to you? Anyone who wants to come over and help me with the bathtub scrubbing, give me a call :)

1 comment:

Katy Bell said...

I think that sounds like a great weekend! Kendall's a big (over) planner which is great because we're always doing new and fun things, but I feel like we need at least one weekend a month where we attend to "home" things (aka joint fix/cleaning projects). Hope you're feeling well! Hugs and Kisses!