Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Absentmindness versus Baby Brain


I've done a few foolish things in the last couple of weeks. I blame it on being rushed, distracted, and general disorder. It can't possibly be due to pregnancy loss of brain cells :)

1. The other day I went to get my normal Friday morning, end of week, reward coffee. As I ordered my coffee and breezed through the drive through, I came to the horrible realization that I had NO MONEY with me. I had left my purse, with every dollar I had, hanging on the doorknob of our coat closet. I shouted into the barista that I would be back in a flash, I had left my purse at my house. That's the first time I've ever done that. I blame it on last minute morning rushes out the door. Not baby brain.

2. Last week I was leaving a message at work for someone to call me back to follow-up on some information they sent in. At the end of the message, I thanked them for their time and then proceeded to say "Amen." After one horrified moment when I realized what had just come out of my mouth, I rambled a bit more with "Uh ...Imeanthankyou.bye." That one can be blamed on distraction. I was typing at the same time.

3. To save my life, I can't ever find anything I'm ever looking for in my house or refrigerator. I'm pretty sure this has more to do with the chaotic state of remodeling my house is currently in. My couch has been in my garage and our dining room table in our bedroom for a month.

4. Today I spilled ham & bean soup all over my desk. I mean ALL OVER. Can you even imagine the complete and total mess that spilled ham & bean soup causes? Call in the National Guard and Red Cross because we're going to need backup troops to get this cleaned up! I'm still finding soup crusties in the most unlikely places. And everything smells faintly ... bean-y. Ugh. Worse than my silver shoes I'm convinced smell like pepper. This can be attributed to sheer clumsiness. I don't think that anyone could blame baby brain on that one :)

Here's a webmd article published earlier this year that Baby Brain could in fact be real. Ask me in June and I'll give you my honest to goodness opinion if this myth is indeed fact or fiction.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good news! The kitchen & chairs are back in the dining room. Now for that darned couch.