- I buy red-tape bananas from our local grocery store (this means that I purchase bananas that are a little riper and have a few brown spots - no big deal)
- I buy big containers of strawberry yogurt instead of individual ones
- I wait for the once a year liter sale at Beauty Brands to buy my Biolage Shampoo & Conditioner
- I go to beauty schools for spa treatments like facials and massages. We're fortunate to have an Aveda Institute in Des Moines and I take full advantage of it! I did get a haircut there once, but it wasn't the greatest experience. I have really enjoyed my facials & pedicures though. During Mother's Day they ran a special an Elemental Nature Facial - Pedicure - Manicure all for $50. It was a savings of $35 off their regular prices!
- Victoria's Secret runs a semi-annual sale in June & December. These are the only times when I get new underwear and bras
- The same goes for Bath & Body Works
- Gap jeans just went on sale for $15 each - I got two pairs in two different washes - $15 jeans doesn't happen every day!
- Pandora radio - heaven sent - no satellite radio for me
- And probably the thing that helps the most, menu planning. We try and plan all of our menus out on the weekend and then do the grocery shopping on Monday. I try and stay away from the grocery store ... and Target. I always end up walking away with something I hadn't planned on.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Champagne Tastes on a Beer Budget
Anyone who knows me, knows that that I'm a bargain hunter who likes nice stuff. How do I do it? Here are a few tips, but please note, I am no frugal lady by any means. I just want to make the most of my money.
Posted by Kara K at 8:51 AM