Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Meal Plan Follow-up

Thanks everyone for all of your comments about the menu planning. I will say that we do not follow our menu plans 100% of the time, but I'd say we consistently follow them 85% of the time. The real struggle is the weekends. I read food blogs all week long and get some really great ideas about things I want to make. Weekends are the perfect time for experimenting on an unsuspecting husband :) I also can be somewhat flaky and just decide that meal doesn't sound good. So then we're stuck facing the "what do you want for supper?" question. Ugh. That question just irritates me to the core.
Anywho. Erica asked what we do with all our leftovers. Great question! Both of us would much rather have leftovers for lunch than sandwiches. When I studied abroad I had a turkey sandwich every day for lunch from January to May. I have a hard time desiring plain turkey sandwiches after that stint. I have a friend who has a turkey sandwich with baby carrots every day for lunch. She's had that lunch for the last three years!
Sometimes we do make a huge batch of soup, which we will freeze and then eat later on a busy week night. For the most part, we always have some form of leftovers to eat for lunch. It's a good thing neither of us have any qualms about leftovers!
I will post later this week recipes for hamburger pasties (which went much smoother the second time around) and for cheeseburger soup! Sarah - I only get so many meals made because Lance is there to help me!
Happy cooking all!

No comments: