Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bad Kitty

At 5 am I awoke to a terrific crash. I'm a pretty sound sleeper and Lance is an even sounder sleeper. I sent Lance out to investigate but he came back with no results. He said he couldn't find anything and Fire was lurking around with a guilty look and a very bushy tail. When I got home tonight and went to turn on the computer, I figured out the source of our early morning crash.

Our fern usually looks like this. If you look at the bottom of the picture, you will notice a heat register. When the heat kicks on, the air causes the fern fronds to to wave a little, enticing Fire to investigate. I can only imagine that Fire was investigating a little too closely and CRASH the plant tipped over.



This was how the fern looked when I found it this evening.



The investigation has been closed.
Culprit: Fire
Motive: curiosity and dancing fern fronds
Punishment: being chased by the vacuum

No comments: