Thursday, June 2, 2011

Freezer Meal Update

After a solid weekend + a few additional weeknights, there's a part of me that hates being in my kitchen. Really, I do. Too much at once. Here's a run down of everything I did with the help of my sous chef:





  • 3 lbs of diced onion


  • 2 lbs of sliced celery


  • 6 lbs of sliced carrots


  • 2 lbs of shredded cheese


  • 4 lbs of fried hamburger with diced onion


  • 4 lbs of fried hamburger


  • taco casserole


  • meatloaf


  • 2 chicken cacciatore


  • 2 pizza braids


  • vegetable beef stew


  • 2 shepherd's pie


  • chicken santa fe rice


  • cheesy chicken and rice


  • rosemary penne chicken and broccoli


  • southwest chicken wrap filling


  • 6 stuffed green peppers


  • 3 dozen blueberry muffins


  • 9 c. of granola

Yes and no, to feeling adequately prepped and ready. I really wanted to make multiples of all of those meals, but I didn't. I think I'm going to feel hoarder-esk and not want to actually eat the meals until we are in dire straights of hunger. Per the advice of my friend Erika, I may save some for when my maternity leave is up and I go back to work. I'm sure that will be a rough transition.

No comments: