Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary on Nov 14. They were babies when the got married - my mom was only 18! It was fun to help them celebrate their 40th - I put an ad in their local town paper and also in the bigger city paper. I also sent out postcards to everyone in my mom's address book. I talked to her the other night and she had said that they had been getting lots of cards in the mail. It was a fun surprise for them. Much more fun than a party - which my parents are not party people, so a card shower was a much better idea.
Over the years they've experienced a lot and been many places. My parents are currently on a trip to South Carolina to celebrate their anniversary. The recent picture below is taken in 2009 in Hawaii. Congrats Mom & Dad on 40 years together - how time flies! Here's to many more anniversaries - I love you guys!

No comments: