Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What Am I Making ??



Can anyone guess what I'm making here?

Let me give you one hint ... it will burn your mouth and bring tears to your eyes ... or at least to mine. I suppose that's what will happen when you underestimate the power of those jalapeno peppers (note to self: use gloves when mincing japs. My fingers are still burning and that was hours ago)

Pico de gallo!

Rough recipe here as I didn't really follow one ....

handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
4 tomatoes diced
1/2 a red onion diced
2-3 jalapenos (not 4 like I so stupidly thought I could handle) minced
salt to taste
lime

And when I couldn't stand the heat of all of it, I mashed up two avocados threw some pico in and called in guacamole. Foolish Kara. And the stuff still burnt my mouth!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: