Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Beautiful garden meal

Something I struggle with every year is how to find a variety of meals from the produce of my garden. Last night I wanted to make lemon pepper chicken, but I needed some accompaniments.
Here's what I had for fresh garden produce:


  • Green beans

  • Green pepper

  • Zucchini

  • Yellow crookneck squash

  • Baby potatoes (from Lance's aunt)

  • Parsley

Additionally, I also had broccoli that I wanted to get used up. I chopped everything up, added some onion for flavor, dropped in a few butter dabs and sprinkled the whole thing with a little garlic and salt/pepper. I wrapped the whole thing in foil and made a lovely little campfire packet.

I did the potatoes in a separate packet because I knew they would have to cook/steam longer on the grill. I scrubbed the potatoes, pricked them with a fork, added some fresh parsley, butter, garlic, and salt/pepper. Lovely aluminum foil :)


And here's the finished product. The veggies were so delish. I left them on the grill for about 25 minutes on low. I really tried not to check them because I didn't want to let the steam escape. Lance hates broccoli, but told me this was the best he had ever had. Ya know, considering it was broccoli and everything. The potatoes got about 40 minutes on the grill and I did flip everything once.

Here's the whole meal plate: grilled lemon pepper chicken, mixed veggies, baby potatoes with parsley and cous cous. It was a beautiful meal that we enjoyed on our deck. We don't have much time left this year to enjoy dinners al fresco.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: