Wednesday, September 9, 2009

All this for $7.42

Fareway, my local grocery store, ran 9/9/09 specials on Wednesday. Look at all the great stuff I got for $7.42!





In reality, this is about enough pop to last us through the end of 2009. But each of those six packs were 99 cents each! Crazy cheapness.




Fareway discounts their aging produce and in this instance, I snagged one heck of a deal. I priced these same Dole Caesar salad mixes at Hy-Vee earlier in the week for $2.99 each - yikes! If I'm running late in the morning I'll grab a bag of salad and head out the door with a complete lunch. I got two bags of salad mix for less that one bag at Hy-Vee. Sounds like a deal to me.


My co-workers had a little celebration for 9/9/09 at 9:09 am on Wed morning. Unfortunately, I was right in the middle of taking my property and casualty license exams and couldn't celebrate with them. Fortunately though, I passed with flying colors and will not have to worry about taking those exams ever again. Unfortunately, I work in insurance so this stuff is going to follow me around. But meet me for the first time as a licensed property and casualty (not that you would want me to sell you insurance or give you advice, I'll leave that to the professionals)

No comments: