Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spicy Tortilla Soup



My tortilla soup looks nothing like the soup in my Food Network magazine. Nothing, but Lancer liked it, so what can I say. My doesn't look as tomatoey or thick. Sigh ... nothing ever looks as good as the magazines...

2 seeded jalapenos minced (with rubber gloves. I just finally got my fingertips to stop burning)
4(ish) tomatoes, diced
1/2 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced

Saute above ingredients in a dab of olive oil and then puree with 1 cup of chicken broth.
Add 5 more cups of chicken broth to the mix as well as fresh cilantro and cooked/shredded chicken, bring to a boil for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile tear 2 tortillas into strips and make in a 450 degree oven for 8 minutes.

Serve steaming hot with fresh cilantro, avocado, cheese and tortilla strips.
(I also threw in some leftover corn and have been known to add/hide things like summer squash and black beans in soups)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: