Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Poop stain eliminator

I don't think that I'm a gushy person. There are things that I love and I get passionate about, but I don't think that I'm that overly excitable. Yes, I use my fair share of exclamation points, but I try not to be overly exuberant. My revelation today, it's worth gushing about. And it's worth about 11 exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The enemy of all new mothers are the unavoidable baby blow outs and brown poop stains. If you are a pintrest-er, you might have seen various pins about getting stains out of clothes. I've been stockpiling clothes that needed to be spot cleaned due to runny, nasty diapers (apparently corn and edamame pass right through Lucan). Just today I got poop on two separate white shirts because of Lu poo (look I'm a poet and I didn't know it). I figured it was time to suck it up and deal with various garments that needed my attention (just like I need to do more ironing - yes, Jessie, more ironing. I know you find it unbelievable). I had pinned the spot cleaner pin, so I brought it up to see what all it entailed. It's fairly rudimentary in it's ingredient list, in fact you should be able to pick up everything you would need at DG (for those of you not in the hood - Dollar General) if you don't already have it at home.

Spot cleaner: hydrogen peroxide, Dawn dishing washing soap (based on a couple of comments, using Dawn is important) and baking soda. Easy enough, right? I used a small Gladware bowl and three parts hydrogen to one part Dawn and baking soda. In my particular case, 3 teaspoons of hydrogen to 1 teaspoon of Dawn and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Using an old toothbrush, I poured a little on and scrubbed at it for a minute or two. Then I let it sit for about an hour and came back, scrubbed a bit more and rinsed it out. Voila! Brown poop stain, be gone.

I did have a particularly stubborn spot, so I applied, scrubbed and rinsed twice. Then it was gone. This was a spot that I didn't catch and it went through the washer and dryer. It came out. I was amazed.

I did this on a colored jcrew tank top too and it worked as well. I am sold. I actually went through a bunch of Lance's shirts so I could find things to spot clean. This might just make me nuts. Because no sane person digs through their husband's shirts so they can see if this spot cleaner is as good as it seems.

No comments: