Friday, August 17, 2012

Lucan: 14 months old

My friend Katie confirmed what I had been suspecting for several months now: little boys are destructive. She has two little girls and has a little boy who is 4 months younger than Lucan. Katie is convinced that her son is going to break every single drawer in her house by trying to climb them like stairs. She says that her girls were never this bad. Boys are like a bull in a china shop. Lu is constantly pulling things down, toppling things over, throwing things over the back of the couch and down the stairs. Just this week he has destroyed two night lights, pulled the piece of trim off his beadboard that Lance assured me Lu wouldn't be able to pull off again, dumped over the cat's water bowl twice, shredded countless pieces of paper and unrolled the better half of a roll of toilet paper. Goodness it's no wonder I'm exhausted. I'm constantly trying to keep Lu out of mortal peril.
The theme of 14 months is fearlessness. Lucan is AWESOME at climbing. Up the stairs. Down the stairs. Climbing onto the couch. Climbing his high chair. Climbing the kitchen chairs. Lu even tries to climb up my legs. Fantastic Lu. Now if you could just master walking ... And quit throwing your blanket over the side of the crib during naptime and then proceeding to cry hysterically. 



 I don't want my picture taken.
Clap, clap, clap your hands.

Did I mention that I'm DONE with pictures?

No comments: