Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sewing

I have mediocre sewing skills. Really, I should be better at sewing, my mom taught me to sew and I majored in apparel merchandising & design for a year (which really means, I had at least two sewing classes per semester). Needless to say, I should be able to sew. And I can do basic things that don't require following patterns like curtains, pillows, etc. I can also hem my pants (an asset to a short girl!) but I can't really do complicated things. I came across this website Sew Mama Sew! and it's very cute. And inspirational, especially to a girl like me who has a really nice sewing machine that she got for her 19th birthday (by request!). I have projects started ... I just seem to have a problem finishing them. I'll add them to my list of things I'm going to do once I'm out of school :)

1 comment:

Rose said...

That is a great website! I also like fabric.com...it is great for daydreaming of all sorts of fun projects I am not quite skilled enough to make! :o)