Saturday, October 10, 2009

Downtown Des Moines Farmers Market

I love the downtown Des Moines Farmers Market. I love it in the spring, I love it in the summer, but I think I love it best in the fall. I'm not sure that it's any less busy, but I like the types of produce and the weather. I mean look at those pumpkins - they're great!


Yum ... the pork fiesta bowls from Dos Rios are so delish. I replicate at home, but they aren't nearly as good. They have rice, black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, sour cream, pork, chips. I'm making myself hungry.



But one of the things I always get are an Indian potato cutlet and a samosa from Saloos. They are good - I don't care if it's 9 AM!


I thought about getting raspberries and making homemade cheesecake with raspberry sauce ...


But I got hedgeballs instead :) They are featured on the cover this month of Better Homes & Gardens as a part of a decorative centerpiece. They supposedly ward of spiders. I'm not sure if I believe it, but I'm game!



Lance thought it was too early for an egg roll or other ethnic cuisine. So he got a blueberry tart.


Dig in!


I like fall mums. But inevitably, I would kill them. I also don't see the point of planting something that has a 4 week life span.


I love our Farmers Market!

No comments: