Thursday, June 27, 2013

Side note: Joy Stealers


Sometimes when I hear people talking about their fabulous vacations or their new house they're building, I want to ask how much credit card debt they carry or if they have any unpaid loans. And then I remember that Dave Ramsay never recommended running around confronting people about their money choices and I'm fairly certain this isn't something Jesus would do either. I recall something about having a log in my own eye...
I have a great life. I have a great family, a wonderful husband, a terrific son and a place to sleep at night. I even have some pretty shoes to boot.
Don't let comparisons steal your joy.

1 comment:

Nicole @ one half world said...

Good reminder! It's easy not to assume the best about people (after all, maybe they don't have credit card debt or unpaid loans), but I find that trying to believe the best about others helps rein in the judgmentalism in a major way! :)