Friday, June 4, 2010

Leavin' on a jet plane

Leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again ... leavin' on a jet plane ...
Yeah, I don't any more words to that song. In typical Kara fashion, I learn one verse and sing it over and over until Lance tells me I'm being annoying. Whatever, I'm lovable in a somewhat irritating, only-child, learned how to entertain myself by singing incessantly sort of way. My parents think I'm precious :)

Anyway, we leave tonight for Seattle for 2 days and then to Portland for 1.5 days and then to Spokane for 3 days. I'm excited for this trip. I'm excited to eat, shop, hike and use my camera. My friends at Franczyk Photography gave me a down and dirty lesson last night on aperture, f-stop, shutter speed, white balance, and using the light meter. Good stuff.

We don't have specific plans, just a general idea of some things we'd like to see/do and a place to stay. For example, I want to go to the Jcrew Factory outlet in Seattle. And eat clam chowder. And get a Jamba Juice. I've been told that a trip to Powell's Bookstore in Portland is a must. As well as eating at a food cart. I've been recommended to pay a visit to the garbage eating goat in Spokane. All good things to do on a trip.

Traveling is a little bit stressful for this girl who has troubles limiting the number shirts she's packed versus being prepared for EVERY POSSIBLE TRAVEL SCENARIO. And then there is my fear of being hungry. I have a costco bag of trail mix sitting on my counter. It weighs 4 lbs. I also have a fear of being bored. To remedy this, I have packed three books, one magazine, travel Scrabble, my iPod and my computer. At this point I have plenty to do- I also have a 500 word essay to write and two speeches prior to Wednesday. But I have plane and airport time ... no sweat for this procrastin-ista! I guess my philosophy has always been "Be over prepared. Even if you are two pounds shy of being over the baggage limit."

I may try and check in periodically, but for the most part sionara blog world!

No comments: