Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Supper

I forgot to take a picture of supper tonight. By the time that Lance and I got home from work and got supper together, it was close to 7:15 pm. No wonder I forgot to take a picture, we were both ravenous! It was so nice to pull the grill for the first time this spring. I like the flavor grilling imparts. Lance threw this marinade on the chicken before he went to work this morning, I trimmed the asparagus and steamed it briefly in the microwave, and then rounded out the meal with some whole wheat couscous. Do you eat couscous at your house? It's so easy and such a nice alternative to your standard rice or pasta. Yum - 1 1/4 c of chicken broth (I used hot water and chicken bouillon) brought to a boil, stir in the couscous with 2 T of butter, and remove from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes. That's it, quicker than pasta or rice!

Right now I'm watching Kate Gosselin on Dancing with the Stars. It's painful and pepto-bismo pink. Ugh. Oh Kate, how you have strayed from the women who I thought you were ... It was almost as bad as watching Buzz Aldrin. I think Dancing with the Stars is where B-list and C-list celebs go to get a career lift :)

No comments: