Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Food Demo

On Tuesday I did a food demonstration at work. My friend and co-worker, Libby, is on our company's wellness committee and they were looking for someone to do a "healthy" food demo. (the word "healthy" eliminated most of the recipes found here!) I demonstrated how to make Thai Cashew Chicken and it went really well for the most part. There were a couple of sketchy moments: a) when I forgot to plug in my electric burner at the beginning and was forced to expound upon the virtues of brown rice and rinsing rice to eliminate stickiness in buying time for the wok to heat up b) when I was peeling my ginger root and it shot across the table, but NOT onto the floor c) when I dropped a carrot on the floor. Other than those few minor incidents, it went pretty smoothly. Demonstrating a recipe was much easier than those stupid public speaking workshops I had to do at my last job. Those would give me anxiety, but with this I felt comfortable, I felt at ease. Food is my friend. I didn't burn anything, I did ramble a little, but everyone thought that the samples were really tasty and no one got food poisoning. All in all, I'd consider it a success!

No comments: