Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tico-Taco Salad


I always call our taco salads "tico-taco salads." I'm not sure why. It's not something that my mom ever did, I think it's probably because I like the alliteration. Or maybe because I'm a little strange. Anyways, one of my favorite things to eat at the Iowa State Fair is a taco salad from the Cattleman's Tent or the Cattleman's Head Quarters as it is officially called. The taco shells are always fresh and the taco meat is always lean. It's one of my food highlights. Unfortunately, this means that my taco salads are seasonal. Not so anymore! I discovered that the Hy-Vee I shop at makes their own taco shells fresh! They're huge. Big enough that Lance and I split a salad. But for $1.20 I get a nice taco shell at my own convenience. Here's my laundry list of things I throw in:
1/2 lb taco meat
Lettuce
Tomato
Cheese
Avocado
Black beans
Sour cream

Really, put whatever you want in there because the best part is the taco shell!

No comments: