Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gracelyn - 3 month update



A little Grandma love :)
Gracelyn, you don’t like to poop. On my final two days of being home with you, you were so uncomfortable with being plugged up, I took you to the doctor. They took an x-ray of your bowl and you were poop filled. No surprise there. Our beloved pediatrician, recommended glycerin suppositories and a healthy dose of white grape juice every day. I tried to give one to you and I just couldn’t. I just plain could not. Thankfully your daddy is a stronger person than I am and he administered one. You did NOT like it. Frankly, I don’t blame you. We had to give you two suppositories and daddy had to do them both times. It was not a fun job. 

At your poop doctor visit, you weighed 10 lbs., 13 ounces. Yay for weight gain!

Sleeping. You are a good sleeper. One long morning nap and a pretty solid night of sleep. No one is complaining here. You sleep pretty well during the day and early afternoon. When daddy and brother get home, you want in on the action and playtime. I don’t blame you, besides it’s really hard to sleep through all that noise! You continue to sleep in your rock and play sleeper, but we’ve started doing a few naps here and there in your crib. Everything at this age is a transition. 

Eating. We went through a time of really being worried about your extreme dislike of bottles. I would jokingly tell everyone that I wasn’t going to be able to go back to work because you wouldn’t take a bottle. But we really hunkered down on those last two weeks before the end of my maternity leave and got that straightened out. We’re on a 3.5 to 4 hour rotation. In the morning hours you’ll go longer because of your nap. Mom’s not complaining, she likes her nap too.

Wearing. 0-3 month clothing. You are getting a little longer and filling out a bit. Sadly, you are just a shorty like your mama. There’s nothing wrong with being the shortest person in the pictures, someone has to!

Milestones. Social: smiling at brother and lots of morning smiles. Such a sweet baby girl! You like to rub your hands in your eyes.

Language: You coo a bit. We all take turns trying to make you smile.

No comments: