Thursday, May 1, 2014

30 Things I'm Grateful for in April


  1. Lance’s birthday!
  2. Easter Sunday! Christ the Lord has risen today –alleluiaha …
  3. My parents provided us with the opportunity to go to the circus with Lucan. While I was nervous about taking him, it turned out to be a really fun experience and Lucan did so well. He loved the motorcycles, the “crabby” white tiger and his new star light-up toy
  4. Winning: I won a $100 gift card from Des Moines Moms blog and a $40 credit from the Oakland Avenue blog to the “Fancy that Loved” etsy shop. I know it’s been a lucky month for me.
  5. Fun Saturday at Lance’s family farm: feeding cows, petting kitties, tractor rides, watching an excavator move dirt and playing with cousins. Lucan’s idea of time well-spent!
  6. Finding a spiral ham for Easter lunch, the night before after going to five different grocery stores. Lance was not entertained. I think it’s a funny story.
  7. Justin Timberlake’s song “Not a Bad Thing.” I really like it. You can stop thinking less of me.
  8. Work email exchanges with my gal pal Rachael.
  9. Funny conversations with Lucan:
  10. Me: look Lucan, a worm! Lu: a worm, a worm! He come home!Me: what? Further explanation from Lance: he had also pointed out a worm to Lu at daycare and Lucan thought it was the same worm that had finally made its way back to our house :)
  11. The joy of our friends’ baby adoption being finalized.
  12. A much needed haircut.
  13. Mother-son date “knight” at Chik-fil-a. Lucan is still talking about the magic show.
  14. Curious George. It provides me 24 minutes every night of a distracted Lucan.
  15. Date night with our friends, Jon and Katie. They are fun people!
  16. Seeing the first signs of spring outside on blossoming trees and flowers. Lucan likes to point out our neighbor’s tree “purple! pink!”
  17. Playing at the park
  18. Sunday night television: “Call the Midwife” and “Mr. Selfridge”
  19. Finally getting to watch the movie “Saving Mr. Banks.” I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t as happy as I thought it might be. That’s no one’s fault but my own.
  20. Reading and loving the book “Eleanor and Park.” It’s a little slow-going to begin with but I really thought the author channeled what it was like to be 16, in love and have a crap life.
  21. Afternoon naps for Lucan, but more so for me!
  22. Yoga with Erika
  23. Coupon for a free 3-wick lavender candle from Bath and Body Works. It was worth $22!
  24. Delicious strawberries!
  25. Being able to help my mom with a friend’s bridal shower. It’s nice to feel useful for something other than getting a toddler a snack.
  26. Officially potty trained. Except for bedtime. But that doesn’t really count, does it? Lucan was able to make the entire three hour car ride back to Des Moines without stopping once. (It should also be noted that on the way to my parents we had to stop no less than three times.)
  27. Making hotel reservations and plans for our weekend trip to Kansas City. Yay for Lance and Kara time!
  28. Seeing Lance’s seeds turn into plants. Garden time is almost here
  29. Girlfriend time at cooking club. We are rather an eclectic group when it’s all said and done, but each woman there is fun.
  30. April showers. I’m totally ready now for my May flowers. Can you swing that God?
    Circus and Lu's beloved star light toy.

    Mother Son Date Knight at Chik-Fil-A. Lu's inside the magician's hat!

1 comment:

Rose said...

I loved Saving Mr. Banks but I agree about the not happy part of it...cried the whole last part of the movie.

I mostly loved Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and that they went to Disneyland! :o) I have a problem!