Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Fiver.



Most of my breakfasts this week have been brown in color. Smoothies with a teaspoon of cocoa powder or almond butter, burnt toast and Trader Joe's cookie butter. Yum … cookie butter. If you haven't tried it, get moving.


Lance adjusted something on the wheels of the Traverse and asked me how it had been driving. 
Apparently my response was less than satisfactory “I dunno … better?” My basic take on vehicles is that I don’t think too much about them. I expect them to get me from point a to point b without too much bother. If I notice that something has become a problem then it’s time to be concerned. Because truthfully it was an issue a month ago and now two months have passed and it’s on the verge of becoming a calamity so you better do something about it NOW. Case in point: the Traverse had been wobbling for a while and had been steadily getting worse. Lance and my dad adjusted something last weekend and now it’s much better. I vaguely recall Lance saying something about “bad alignment” and “uneven wearing in the treads” and maybe something about a “bad tire rod.” As long as the tire doesn’t fall off while I’m cruising down the interstate, I’m happy.

I love power yoga. It’s one of the highlights of my week. Last week I attended a free and massively full class at Kris' Hot Yoga in Ankeny and discovered that it is indeed possible to sweat out of your shins. That was a new discovery for me. 

Why is it impossible to just replace something with exactly the same thing? Lucan, in a really awful tantrum, knocked my glass lamp on the floor and it shattered into a million pieces. I.WAS.PISSED. In fact, I’m still upset about it and am contemplating taking the money out of his piggy bank to replace it (Lance is vetoing this idea). I really liked the lamp and just wanted to get the same one from Target. I’ve been to three different Targets and looked online and it’s nowhere to be found. I’ve bought two different bases and each one just looks foolish with the unharmed lamp shade I already own.

Lastly, my favorite snack of choice has been Trader Joe’s Simply Almonds, Cashews and Chocolate Trek Mix. Almonds are brain food, cashews are delicious and chocolate – well, whoever goes wrong with chocolate? 
 




2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Hmm--the cookie butter sounds interesting. Not sure if I'd like it, though. And did you say you put it on *burnt* toast? Eww!

I hear ya on the lamp--we've had many causalities, including one-of-a-kind pieces. Boo!

Andrea Cooley said...

That's my favorite TJ's trail mix too! So good!