Sunday, March 18, 2012

Champagne tastes

I have champagne tastes on a beer budget. Wait, I take that back. Not even a beer budget. More like a lukewarm, tap water budget.

Take this bag for instance. It's beautiful. It's the Coach Bleecker Legacy Leather Weekend Tote. It retails at $598. It costs just a little less than a month's worth of daycare. Which is our second highest bill after our mortgage.




I can almost imagine the soft, buttery feel of the leather. It would be the perfect work bag, schleping my planner, receipts to submit for reimbursement, my Kindle Fire, a magazine and my makeup bag. Professional and polished. So if anyone comes into a sudden windfall, you know where to find me.


One of my favorite games to play is read a magazine article, pick my favorite item featured in the article, and then see if I've picked the most expensive option there. Usually I can hit it spot on. It's a gift I have.


Nicole and I had a good conversation the other day about consignment shopping. One of my favorite consignment stores in Des Moines is Worn. It only carries current, high end designers. I purchased some of my favorite things there. Nicole also mentioned two other stores: Restyle on 7662 Hickman Rd. in Windsor Heights and the Repeat Boutique on 3913 Ingersoll Ave in Des Moines.


How do you sate your champagne tastes on a tap water budget?

No comments: