Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fruit Salsa - how I love thee.


Oh fruit salsa, if I could write you a love letter, I would. It would probably sound something like:

Dear fruit salsa,
You are wonderful. I praise you for your freshness and your fun twist on a traditional salsa. If I could eat you everyday, I would.

Love,
Kara

So, do you think that I am sufficiently weird? That's okay. Because I am. Weird. But this is good stuff! I made this back in June (yes, I realize that the past 7 weeks I have been MIA) for cooking club and won. Which goes to show that simple is sometimes better and I have to fight against my natural tendency to try and make the most elaborate dish I can manage each month.

Fruit Salsa

Strawberries (these can be frozen or fresh, you can save $$ with frozen)
Blueberries
Raspberries, pureed
Mango, diced
Splash of pineapple orange juice
Squeeze of lemon juice
Squirt of agave nectar for sweetness

Really, there is no exact recipe, you could use just about anything. I've also added chunks of kiwi and nectarines - I think that peaches would be yummy too. I just threw everything up into my hand food processor, gave it a couple of whirls and called it good. The salsa is great with Stacy's Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips. If you are super ambitious, you can make your own pita chips. But let's be honest ... simplicity is good.

No comments: