Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rosemary Focaccia Bread



For the longest time, one of culinary ambitions has been to recreate Macaroni Grill's Focaccia Bread. Their bread is one of my favorite things to eat. It's so yummy! We don't eat at the Macaroni Grill very often because we're poor folk :) So my solution is recreations. This summer I made eggplant Parmesan and now I'm moving onto bread. This is the bread that I attempted to leave the house for in the middle of a snow storm. Olive oil or not, this bread was good. I made the dough in my bread machine and then finished the baking process in the oven. When it came out of the oven I could barely stop myself from eating the entire pan. Yes, it's that good. Or maybe I have little self-restraint.

Add all ingredients in the order they appear.
1 c water 80 degrees F (this is important, you don't want to kill the yeast by having your water too hot)
1/3 c olive oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 c bread flour
1 tsp quick rise yeast

Bread machine program: dough

Add at beep: 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning

Rosemary Topping:
1/4 olive oil
1 T rosemary
1/4 c garlic, minced
1/3 Parmesan cheese
1/4 salt

Directions:
1. With oiled hands, evenly press dough into a greased 9x13 pan. Using your fingers, make indentations in the dough
2. Cover & let rise in a warm place for 30 min or until almost double in size. While dough is rising, prepare your topping.
3. In a skillet, heat olive oil, garlic, & dried rosemary. Immediately remove from heat.
4. Use fingers to press dimples into the dough again. Spoon oil topping mixture evenly over dough and sprinkle remaining ingredients.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.

No comments: